2019 Western Bird Classic
The Western Bird Classic, a show co-hosted by The Greater Vancouver Canary & Finch Club and the Western Canada Budgerigar Association, is being planned for November 16-17, 2019 at the South Delta Recreation Centre. This year’s show is dedicated to a wonderful member of the GVCFC family whom we lost this year, Magdalena Hansen.
The show is open to the public for bird viewing, raffles, and sales November 16 from 10 am to 4 pm and on November 17 from 10 am to 3 pm. Attendees can buy birds and supplies or take part in one of our raffles. Admission is $2 per person, which grants attendees a 24-hour membership, and children’s admission is free. Please understand that the exhibited birds may not be available for viewing during judging on November 16 or if they become stressed – the health of our birds is paramount.
Follow our Facebook event for further details and updates.
For information on exhibiting hookbills, visit the Western Canada Budgerigar Association’s website.
- Type Canaries: Kris Rigdon – Portland, OR
- Colour Canaries: Mohammad Salehi – Victoria, BC
- Finches: Bill Carreiro – Ardossan, AB
- Western Bird Classic Show Catalogue 2019
- GVCFC Show Entry Form – Fillable PDF
- Seller’s Area Entry Form & Sales Tags – Fillable PDFs
Note: Downloadable content requires PDF reader software such as Adobe Reader (free) or Adobe Acrobat. Please ensure your pop-up blocker is disabled. Save the document to your computer, fill it out, and then save it again prior to printing. Failure to save to your computer first will result in a blank document.
Notes for Attendees:
- Attendees showing or selling birds are encouraged to complete the relevant forms, available as fillable documents above, prior to arrival.
- No pets are allowed in the venue. Only birds entered in the show or by our vendors are permitted.
- Photos taken at this event will be used for promotional purposes and may be used on our social media, website, and printed materials. If you have concerns, please speak with the photographer.
- Please understand that the exhibited birds may not be available for viewing during judging or if they become stressed – the health of our birds is paramount.
Older Annual Shows
For detailed information on previous year’s annual shows, click the links below.