2018 Western Bird Classic
The Western Bird Classic, a show co-hosted by The Vancouver Canary Club and the Western Canada Budgerigar Association, will occur from November 16 to 18, 2018 at the South Delta Recreation Centre.
The show is open to the public for bird viewing and sales November 17 from 10 am to 4 pm and on November 18 from 10 am to 1 pm. Attendees can buy birds and supplies or take part in one of our raffles. Admission for non-members is $2 per person, children’s admission is free.
Follow our Facebook event for further details and updates.
For information on exhibiting hookbills, visit the Western Canada Budgerigar Association’s website.
Stanley Chay – Colourbred Canaries
Stanley was born in Trinidad and Tobago. As a young boy, he started catching and raising local South American Seedeaters, Siskins, and Softbills. He was given a pair of yellow canaries with a breeding box for Christmas in 1966 and by the following Easter he had his first chicks and a love was born. Over the years he has bred and raised a large variety of cage birds, but always kept some canaries and South American birds. In 1996, he emigrated to Canada and was soon back into birds: Colour Canaries (Lipochrome and classic and non-classic Melanin), Norwich, South American Seedeaters and Siskins.
Stephen Mycock – Type Canaries and Finches
Stephen has been breeding Type Canaries for over 50 years in England and Canada, specializing in Glosters and Norwich. Since he started judging in Canada and the U.S. over 30 years ago, Stephen has branched out and bred other types including Borders, Fifes, Frills, Lizards. In addition to winning major awards in England and Canada, Stephen has both won and judged the Canadian National on a few occasions.
- Show Catalogue – Coming soon
- VCC Show Entry Form – Fillable PDF.
- Seller’s Area Form & Sales Tags – Fillable PDFs
Notes for Attendees:
- Attendees showing or selling birds are encouraged to complete the relevant forms, available as fillable documents above, prior to arrival.
- No pets are allowed in the venue. Only birds entered in the show or by our vendors are permitted.
- Photos taken at this event will be used for promotional purposes and may be used on our social media, website, and printed materials. If you have concerns, please speak with the photographer.
- Avicultural Advancement Council of Canada (AACC)
- Bancorp Financial Services Inc.
- Don Sparvier – Vancouver Brake & Wheel
- Feathered Addictions Bird Supplies
- Gordon Case DC Chiropractor – Case Macmillan Family Chiropractic
- Hansel Deli
- HARI-Hagen Aviculture Research Institute
- Just for Birds
- Pets West
- Westway Feed & Hay
For information regarding our previous shows, visit our Past Shows webpage.